The Lady and Littles of The Salt Project
-home-schools her littles, Locke (15), Breckyn (13), Rizden(10), Aberdeen (6) + Baby Wells (2)
What is The Salt Project?
We always found ourselves asking the same question,
"What should we do"?
We wanted to create a space where we could gather ideas of 'what to do with kids in Utah' because we were asking ourselves that question every week and we were sure other moms were asking the same thing. We wanted to find out about events before the event so we could plan ahead of time. We wanted to find out about all the amazing things Utah has to offer, right here in our own back yard. We were finding new places all the time like the Bird Refuge, right in our home town, it's been there for years and yet we had never heard of it until a friend invited us to go. What if we could document our adventures and share them with others?
We just had to do this. We had to share it with the rest of the world. Utah is awesome people! Can you hear us? Utah is AWESOME! So that was that. We were on a mission. Together, with children in tow, we make up the perfect storm of media/blogger/photographer.
We choose to call our little adventure The Salt Project. We planned on exploring everything in Salt Lake City and beyond. And we would document it for all to see. We wanted to explore our own backyard. Bring our family closer together, check off our bucket list, find the hidden gems of Utah, and above all, start living!
With The Salt Project, we would have a chance to seek out small local business and let them shine! Let everyone know that they are here and they need support and love. We wanted to be able to share local shops, small Utah businesses and don't even get us started on family owed shops. You guys, Stephanie was raised in a family business. We have a major soft spot in our hearts for small/local/family business.
Almost everything we share is kid friendly. We are all about family and want to make sure they are at the forefront of this project. We aren't just sharing things to do, we also share how to do them. We really try to share as much info about the places we go as possible. We let mommas know if there are bathrooms, stroller/wheelchair access, pets allowed, where to park, and what to take. Anything we can think of to help someone else do the same things we are doing and make it as easy as possible for them.
Here’s to adventure, family, and living life to the fullest.
About the blog
We use categories to organize our adventures. Things like Grubbin', Adventurin’, Field Trippin', and Road Trippin'. Let's break it all down.
- Grubbin' | Chain restaurants are for the birds. We want local, family owned, unique places. Let's start asking "Peach City” or “Zeek’s Pieshake Parlour"?
- Adventurin' | Any and all things outdoors. Hikes, parks, markets, events.
- Field Trippin' | If there is an educational factor, indoor activity, museums, business tours, or the zoo, it's a field trip.
- Road Trippin' | This encompasses anything beyond Utah.
- Staycations | Stayin' in Utah.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in partnering up for a Giveaway.
- This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. Our primary form of making money is via affiliate links.
- We find it impossible to promote items we don't like, so we only promote products we love and believe in.
- Sponsored posts are those posts where someone is paying me to write about a specific topic. It will be clearly marked as being paid content.
- This blog abides by word of mouth marketing standards. We believe Utah should be shared and cared for.
- The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely ours.