Clay and Rich (cousins) opened True North Axe Throwing just a few short weeks ago.
We are so glad they did. If you are ever looking for a group activity, gathering, reunion, birthday party, date night, guys night out or even a ladies night out - this is the place to be!
Within the hour time slot you sign up for, you are given a quick axe throwing lesson and time to practice before you start a round robin tournament.
We even had time at the end to practice the fireman’s axe (which I hit the mark on my first try - video proof below).
To say my husband and his friends enjoyed the evening is an understatement. As soon as we walked out, he wanted to plan another time to go back.
Highlights I walked away with:
1. Kids as young as 14 can come. This would be a teenage boy birthday party dream!
2. They are looking to start a weekly tournament group. So for those that find a real niche for this and enjoy it, they can come back weekly.
3. You can BRING IN YOUR OWN FOOD! Want to have a cake, bring it! Want pizza, sure! Need a Diet Coke to calm the nerves, because you are throwing axes. Absolutely.
4. Have a great time! And tell us what you think!
5. Be sure to wear close toe shoes!
Oh, and they have this sweet Groupon Deal going right now!
- Have your google maps running. We had a couple turn arounds trying to get there, mostly due to it being dark outside.
- Easy booking online!
- Be sure to read their FAQ page before heading out.