The last time we hiked Timber Creek Overlook Trail, I think Aiko must have been two and Orion was just a baby. I don't think The Salt Project was even around then.
Timber Creek Overlook Trail might be the most popular trail on this side of Zion, due to the fact it's only 1-mile roundtrip. We saw lots of kids on the trail and lots of other people too.
It was like have flashbacks with tiny Vesper and Farah. The Kolob Entrance to Zion has only just opened up after having some road work done. I kind of miss the red asphalt roads that were there before, but we are SO happy to have Kolob open again!
THere are only a few hikes located on this side of Zion, but there are some magical ones. The only real family friendly (under 6 friendly) is the Timber Creek Overlook Trail.
The terrain is fun for the kids, there are lots of rocks and logs for kids to jump around on.
Ours loved climbing around.
The end of the hike leads to an overlook of the whole valley.
You can see the other side of Zion plus check out Kolob Canyon. It’s beautiful.
- Bathrooms located at the parking lot trailhead.
- Family Friendly. While this hike is easy, you do step up rocks quite a bit. It's not flat by any means, but nothing our kids couldn't handle. We did have to help our 2 year along because some of the steps were just too high for her.
- There are some drop-offs, so watch your kids.
- Stay on the trail.
- There's very little shade, so bring sunscreen and bring water.
- Be sure to pick up your trash and any you see along the way.
- Try to stay on the trail!