I'm not sure we've ever been to Willard Bay State Park to actually swim, but we have been to their Christmas Light show! We were SUPER excited to visit, especially since we were staying at the Cabins at Willard Bay! Thanks to our partners at Box Elder County for setting up our stay!
We weren't quite sure what to expect, but the Willard Bay Cabins are so fun! It's a little log house that can sleep up to 8 people.
You'll need your own pillows & bedding, so don't forget that!
To Rent the Willard Bay Cabins click here. (Search for Camping & Cabins from the drop-down.)
There are just three cabins all in a row and then the bathrooms are in the next building over.
There's even a playground very close.
Follow the Nature Trail and it will lead you right to the beach at Willard Bay!
We barely made it out there to watch the sunset. (Bring mosquitos repellant for sure.)
The next morning we grabbed a few snacks and headed out to Willard Bay again! No ONE was there! Probably, because everyone was at Peach Days. (Be sure to follow along, our next posts will tell you all about Peach Days.)
The short walk is pretty magical, it almost feels like walking through Hawaii or something.
The water was smooth and the skies were lovely.
The kids found a few treasures and were happy to play about in the water.
We brought some of our peaches to have some breakfast on the beach.
Willard Bay State Park is pretty magical. Who knew there was a beach area with sand so close and we'd never been?!
What are some of your favorite reasons to go to Willard Bay State Park?
We're giving away a WHOLE Staycation to Box Elder County! Have you entered?!
- Park gates are closed from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. daily. Be aware that Willard Bay is a shallow lake with fluctuating water levels, and weather conditions change rapidly creating extreme lake conditions. For boating, conditions contact the park.
- The park is frequently sprayed for mosquito abatement during the summer.
- Dates of spraying are posted at the park entrance.
- The extra vehicle fee applies and can be paid at the entrance gate.
- For all Single Sites, the first vehicle included in the reservation and all others will need to pay extra vehicle fee at the entrance gate.
- For double sites, a reservation covers the first two vehicles and all others will need to pay extra vehicle fee at the entrance gate.
- ADA Accessible
- Beach Access
- Boat Launch
- Boat Slips
- Comfort Station
- Dump Station
- Hiking Trail
- Hot Showers
- Modern Restrooms
- Pets Allowed
- Picnic Shelter
- Picnic Tables
- Ranger Station
- Sewage Disposal Station
- Sports Activities
- Viewing Platform/Overlook
- Water Drinking
- Water Sports
- Picnic Tables
- Some Shade
- Walk Paths
- Kayak Rentals
- Activity Float Rentals available
- Sandy Beach (although not the super-soft sand, but lovely sand anyway.)
- Bring Mosquito Repellant at night.