Monica just sent these photos last night! Pick your own cherries at Stanton Cherries in Payson! Nothing is better than fresh cherries and nothing is more fun than picking your own!
Monica spent two hours with her kids picking cherries. It may be hot outside, but these are worth it!
Stanton's Cherries has Bing, Lambert and Rainier variety.
My family and I just got done pitting three 5 gallon buckets full of cherries (that we scavenged from a neighbor.) I've been pitting, then freezing cherries for years. This year I just dehydrated some cherries for the first time too! Pitting may take some time, but it's totally worth it. I've been using the same cherry pitter than my grandma used. It's similar to this Amazon Link below.
We love putting our cherries in pies, smoothies or just eating them frozen.
Be sure to tell Stanton Cherries The Salt Project sent you!
We'd love to see your Cherry Picking Adventures, be sure to tag us! #thesaltproject
- Address is 6088 West 10000 South, Payson, Utah 84651. If you are coming from Provo, head south on I-15 and take the 1st Payson exit (exit 250). Turn right of the freeway, go over the railroad tracks and turn left onto 9600 South. Travel for 3.3 miles to the stop sign. Turn left at the stop sign onto 5600 West, go 1/2 mile and turn right onto 10,000 South. Travel 1/2 mile, go through a small intersection and we will be on the right
- Pick you own cherries.
- They provide some buckets buckets, but you'll want some bags of your own to bring home your cherries.
- They provide the ladders.
- Bring Sunscreen and Water.
- 400 plus Cherry trees of Bing, Lambert and Rainier variety. You pick for only $1.50 per pound!