October means hayrides, pumpkin patches and getting spooked! I love a good scare every now and then but I don’t love the gruesome gory stuff! I’m a big fan of the old ghost stories and legends, ones that have been told around fires for over a 100 years! One of my favorite ghost stories has always been The Legend of Sleepy Hollow written by Washington Irving. I was so excited to discover Utah has its very own Sleepy Hollow during the month of October! Thanks to Rocky Mountain Outfitters in Midway you can take a horse drawn wagon ride through the woods of Sleepy Hollow and not only hear the tale of Ichabod Crane but also experience it! Now, I don’t want to spoil the experience so I’m not going to give you all the details! However, here are my top 5 reason’s why this ride is the best way to have fun and get spooked in October!
- This ride is great for gradeschool kids! Pumpkin patches are super fun for toddlers and haunted houses are good for tweens and teens but it can be hard to find something fun and spooky for kids aged 6-11! The story and wagon ride are a good blend that will keep the kids excited!
- The ride can be as spooky as you like depending on the time of night you come! Rides run from 6pm to 10pm. If you go on the wagon ride before it gets dark out nothing can really catch you off guard and startle you. If you go after the sun has gone down the ride becomes much more spooky because it’s so dark!
- This ride is gore free! There are ghouls and ghosts but nothing bloody and grotesque! Perfect for those of us who like a scare but don't want nightmares!
- Makes for a great Date night! Leave the kiddos at home and go on one of the later wagon rides! Bring a lap blanket and snuggle up under the stars!
- It is unique! This is not your typical haunted ride! This ride gives you the chance to actually experience a classic ghost story first hand.
After your wagon ride make sure to warm up with a tasty cup of gourmet hot cocoa provided by Sips Hot Chocolate, then hop in the Parker Premiere Airstream Photobooth to commemorate surviving the Headless Horseman!
Also....GET THIS QUICK!