It seems Park City had all sorts of adventures just waiting for us. We took ALL the kids ice skating (for the first time) the Park City Resort and it was SOOO fun!
We got everyone into their skates (phew, that takes a while to tie all those shoes!) We made sure to bring socks for everyone and mittens. There were even tiny skates for the toddlers!
I'm not sure when these awesome blue things came out, but I'm so glad that they are in the world! The kids each had one and just roamed all over the ice without us. I was worried that we would have to assist everyone, but it was actually so much fun!
We would put the toddlers on the front of the blue thing and then hold their arms and skate around. Vesper was terrified at first, but eventually, she had a huge grin on her face!
If you are in Park City during the winter, be sure to check out the Ice Rink! There are two in town, but this is the only one outdoors. It's totally worth it just to use those blue things!
Thanks to the Ice Rink for having The Salt Project!
- Make everyone go to the bathroom before.
- There's a bathroom close to the Ice Rink.
- Dress Warm
- Put a hat, gloves and good socks on everyone.
- Have the kids try the blue things first, it truly made everything easier and they figured it out on their own. Once they get confident enough they'll try it soon enough!
- There's fire pits and couches next to the ice rink so you can watch from the side comfortably! Bring some s'mores!
- We stayed for about 1.5 hours. They would have stayed longer, but everyone was getting hungry. Bring some snacks and water, or there are shops nearby if you want to purchase some.