Right next to the Indian Ladder is the trail head to an awesome little hike. This hike is awesome, short, and has a beautiful pond at the end that kids can play in, but it is also covered with poison ivy, so stay on the trail! Poison ivy can be transferred from pet fur to human skin, so keep your pets leashed or leave them home for this hike.
This is the poison ivy. It has three leaves that are pointy. And you can faintly see a reddish stem in the middle of the three leaves.
The hike starts at this beautiful tree by the parking lot.
The trail is very easy to follow, there are a few different trails that cross the river a few times. The trails all lead to the same destination. This beautiful pond. It was pretty cold, so the kids loved playing in it to cool off.
This hike is about 10 minutes from the parking lot
Easy, clearly marked trails
Several stream crossings
Bathrooms at trailhead
Dogs allowed (keep on leash, poison ivy is everywhere)