After a few crazy weeks at The Salt Project, we decided to take it down a bit and go to a good ol' park.
Berdee's shorties are from Wee Stitch Co. A little etsy shop run by a sweet momma of two littles. She makes hand made leggings, tops, skirts, you name it.
We took the trail around the pond. It wasn't super hot that day, in fact it was pretty windy.
The kids brought their bikes and scooters while the mamas pushed the strollers.
The little bikers were making laps around us.
Ridden's bike is from Woom. He has been riding for a week now and finally able to go on his first bike ride with friends and actually keep up. He was so excited!
We took a path that we thought would loop around, instead, we found it came to an end at a little park area.
It was just fine with us.
The kids loved it. Our little babies are all walking now, so it's crazy to watch them climb stairs and not crawl around anymore.
You know those days, those days where your toddler's world just falls apart at every turn? Little Aiko was having one of those days...she didn't want to leave the park, she didn't want to ride in the stroller, she didn't want to walk...she just didn't want anything that I could think of. Her little personality is quite stubborn lately.
Boys will be boys.
This is a perfect place for some quick family photos. Be sure to bring a blanket though, it seemed all the grassy spots were super wet.
We'll be doing some intros here in the next week or so...we realized that most of you don't know who runs this things called The Salt Project, so we think it's time that we popped in to say hi.
Don't forget, but we do have a giveaway going right now on our Instagram! Check out how to enter here!
- 20 Acres
- Picnic Tables
- Public Bathrooms
- Walking & Jogging Trails
- Fishing Cleaning Station
- Water Access for Boats
- Likely Catch: Channel Catfish, Large-Mouth Bass, Bluegill, and Yellow Perch, with Rainbow Trout in the pond only during Spring and Fall months.
- Daily Bag and Possession Limit: 2 fish total
FLOATING DEVICE REGULATIONS
- A floatation device must not exceed 12 feet in length. No device shall have a motor. All passengers on a floatation device must wear a life jacket.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited in the Park as well as swimming, bathing, and/or wading in the Pond.
- The Utah Division of Wildlife Resources has closed the spawning pond to fishing. This will help the fish in that area to multiply and the smaller fish to grow. Educational opportunities will be available around the Pond at different times throughout the year.
The trail does loop around, you keep going west past that little park and follow the trail, it turns right and comes back around to Jensen Pond. :)