We’ve been to Snow Canyon a few times, but I wanted to really spend some quality time there. Luckily, Snow Canyon wasn't too far from our hotel, My Place Hotels. I asked the ranger what hikes she would suggest to hike with ages 2 and above. We’ve hiked a few of them before, so I’ll link them up.
The Ranger suggested the following hikes for kids 2 and above in Snow Canyon State Park. All the hikes below are round-trip.
- Whiterocks Amphitheater 4 Miles
- Butterfly 2 Miles
- Upper Galoot Picnic Area (for climbing rocks)
- Pioneer Names .5 Mile
- Sand Dunes .5 Mile
- Jenny’s Canyon .5 Miles
- Johnson Canyon 2 Miles
We decided to try Jenny's Canyon. I'm all about slot canyons and the ranger mentioned that the kids would have fun climbing on the honeycomb rocks. Jenny's Canyon is a .5 mile roundtrip hike that's totally doable with tiny kids.
The trail is well marked and just a little sandy.
Vesper couldn't help but sit every few feet to play in the sand. I eventually picked her up and carried her most of the way, just so we'd actually get to the end of the trail!
We noticed all sorts of animal tracks in the sand.
I was actually surprised how cool this little slot canyon was.
I felt like there should have been a door at the end of the tunnel.
The kids had lots of fun crawling all over and hiding.
We had to head to our ATV Tour with ATV & Jeep Adventures, but we decided then and there we would be back! Especially, since we bought our first ever State Park Yearly Pass (Good to all State Parks $75) Woot Woot! Snow Canyon State Park has lots to offer for all ages, I can't believe we've only started exploring it now. Be sure to check out our past hikes and biking in Snow Canyon Here.
- No bathrooms near trailhead. Closest are bathrooms up near the Sand Dunes.
- No water at trail. I did see waters spigot throughout the park to fill up with water.
- Kit friendly/Toddler Friendly. We took our 4 & 6 year old who hiked it all.
- Sandy terrain, only steps were at the end to the slot canyon and overlook.
- #THESALTPROJECT when you go!