We love finding the local Gems! When we found out the local thing to do was float the canal...we KNEW we had to do it! Floating the canal isn't something you can do just anywhere!
Luckily, our tour guide Katelin, had all the tubes and even a raft.
We stuffed 4 kids and Harmony on that raft and send them down Jeb's hole! We only had one person tip over on the falls. (She was fine.) There was also a rope swing we somehow missed.
We spent about 45 minutes floating down the canal. Honestly, it was SOOO relaxing!
The kids would jump in and out and float along.
We saw some crawdads and had ourselves a lazy float.
We jumped out at the beginning of the cemetery. You go under two bridges (more like walkways) and hop out to the left.
Such a fun local tradition! So glad we added it to our bucket list!
- Free to do.
- Location to begin in the map below.
- We jumped out at the cemetery, we don't know what lies beyond that.
- You'll probably need to find your own tubes, I don't think there is a rental company in town.
- Kids 14 and younger need their own life jackets.
- Bring some water.
- Spide Tunnel is avoidable, you'll just have to get in and then walk around. it's 3 minutes and 44 seconds long if you go through the tunnel.
This is the location of the rope swing and where we jumped in the canal to begin. We jumped out at the Cemetary.